Tuesday, April 08, 2008

morweekend

Thursday I whipped up a cuban feast for steph consisting of cuban sandwiches, plantains, and dark n' stormys, all to some Buena Vista Social Club mood music. Then we watched the last 2 eps of the first season of Dexter. Looking forward to season 2!

Friday we headed to the Gothic for the Morcheeba show I had scored some passes to earlier in the week. It was a pretty good show - they have a new singer but she seemed to know all the words at least. The crowd was older - a bunch of aged hipsters or su'in. On the way home I was starving so we stopped at a taco yell which I haven't done in quite some time. I got a 1/2 pound bean & cheese burrito for $1. I'm still not sure how I feel about that.

morcheeba

Saturday morning we braved mr. white's wild ride and made it to onto the slopes at Beaver Creek around 11-ish. It was the last of the mountains our pass is good at which we hadn't been to yet. The morning started off dodgy - although they had a couple of feet during the week, it was warm friday creating a bit of a crust in spots, and visibility was poor due to falling snow. But a bit later on we found some prime runs along the Grousse Express and rode those until we split for the day.

ol' man winter

grousey

That night steph and & I planned to take it easy, having a casual dinner at mountain sun. There we bumped into rizzo and some of her teacher friends who were celebrating her birthday. So after we were done eating we joined them, and relocated to connor o's for another round or two. Somehow I am now the proud owner of an old fashioned iron.

No rest for the wicked, jacq & GW came over to my place sunday morning for a little brunch before we headed off to catch the Rockies play the Diamondbacks in the third game of their home opener series. The rox blew their lead towards the end and my forearms are sunburned, but we did get to see the NL champs ring ceremony.

ring ring

After the game, steph & I picked up some pizzas at pulcinea express and headed to hillside for the next installment of John Adams which focused on his somewhat uneventful vice presidency.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

viva el cubano! yummo!

4/10/2008 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home