Wednesday, April 23, 2008

fun sucks

Last friday we were supposed to meet some of steph's co-workers on top of the rio, but when we showed up they were not allowing any more people on the roof since they had reached capacity. So we headed over to the bacaro rooftop instead, shared a pitcher of sangria, and had some tapas. After a while we were able to sync up with her co-workers and they moved the party to the attic where we played tabletop sports games, drank and ate more. Eventually we walked back to steph's and hit the hay, stopping only at the ever unnecessary scumdowner along the way where steph proceeded to crack me up.

too funny

Saturday morning steph had somewhere to be rather early, and after she left I did my best to sleep off the night. On the way back to milo, I headed to moe's to grab some breakfast where I suffered a nightmarishly long wait along with the rest of hungover boulder. Then GW swung by, we packed up our bikes, and headed over to a new trailhead we discovered over off mccaslin in superior. It was a fun trail starting out with a double track climb until it reached the boulder line and turned into windy singletrack all the way to 93. We rode for about an hour and didn't make it all the way to 93 because GW was having tire issues. After we got back we headed over to jacq's to help her finish off some sangria and orderves left over from her wine club earlier in the week. Then it was off to becky's for a nice casual afternoon keg & Q. At some point I realized it was record store day and I had the urge to support so me and GW headed to bart's and I bought a bunch of obscure 7 inches. Upon checking out I received a gift bag full of massively random stuff such a shot glass, cd wallet, a handful of promo compilations, a beer coozy, and an elvis watch making the trip totally worth it. By the time we got back to the party our burgers were done, shots were poured and we delighted in drawing on each other because 'fun sucks'.

Sunday I woke up spinning. Steph and I rode bikes down to foolish craig's for brunch, did a little shopping on pearl then headed over to the park across from bmoca to meet up with jacq for the communikey tea party in the park. The weather was great until a forest fire engulfed settler's park in the foothills around 2.30. Then it was kind of smokey the rest of the afternoon, but we still had a hoot hanging out with our various friends that had since joined us. The tunes were still bumpin just after 4.20-ish when steph & I rode back to her place then headed over to hillside for spaghetti, meatballs, and the john adams finale. Monday I was wiped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home