Tuesday, May 03, 2011

mogwai

Last night I finally got a chance to see Mogwai. Steph had class so I headed out solo to the sold out show at the Bluebird. Scored a sweet print when I walked in, and got a sweet spot near the front off to the side - double sweet. Errors opened the show and they were very mathy sounding, but decent. Their drummer was playing double duty with both bands since Martin was unable to make it stateside. Mogwai was downright superb, and I will likely never miss another show if I can help it. Apparently video was not allowed so here's the one minute I snapped before I was told to cease.



Set:
White Noise
Friend of the Night
Rano Pano
Death Rays
I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead
San Pedro
Mexican Grand Prix
How to Be a Werewolf
New Paths to Helicon Part 1
You're Lionel Richie
George Square Thatcher Death Party
Mogwai Fear Satan

E:
Auto Rock
Hasenheide
Batcat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home