Monday, December 13, 2010

skate or die

Thursday I was extra productive and bottled the two batches of beer which had been fermenting in the cellar - Dominion Porter & Charles India Brown (named after my grandfather, no relation to Charlie).

Friday I went for a run, then drove to Boulder to feed Jacq's cats since they were off at Gorsky Park. After that I picked up Steph at work and we swung by Liquor Mart to get some beers. They were having some sort of xmas party featuring hot cocoa, cookies, beer tasting and a drawing for random prizes. Freakishly enough I heard my name being called over the intercom 10 minutes later - I won a 3 month supply of beer (a 6-pack a week) and a $25 gift certificate to Boulder Beer!

Saturday morning Steph and I walked over to the brand new skate park which was being dedicated at noon. Loads of folks was there - lots of skaters (of course), Jared Polis, and even Miss Colorado!

lafayette skate park

It was nippy cold & windy, so we watched the cluster for a while then headed across the street for some coffee to warm up.

stationary bike

Later that night we went over to LauRenn's for some homemade pizza & played video games.

pizza

Sunday we hit the slopes with Greg - epic snow dump at copper ~8", which developed into a pesky freezing rain which had to be scraped off goggles frequently. We left around 1.30 and caught the beginning of metered traffic at the tunnel - only added about 45 minutes to the drive luckily. Fed the catz again. For dinner Steph made a killer chicken pot pie!

me and greg at copper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home