Wednesday, September 23, 2009

built to monday

btsEnemy

I was kind of wiped all day monday, but I had to rally for the Built to Spill show at the Fox. I met up with Steph at the Sink for dinner and then killed some time at the record shop on the hill. I was fully ready to buy a cd, but they did not have anything I was looking for, I guess this is one of the main limitations of the dying breed of brick & mortar shops. Oh well.

I was stoked to finally get over to the Fox and set up my gear. Some french band opened that was forgettable. I bumped into my friend Sean and his sister-in-law, and watched a solid set from the BTS boys - a couple of new songs, and a couple I had not heard in a while. We stuck around and kept drinking beers for Doug's post-show Dj set, which was basically him playing songs he likes. This was pretty festive for the handfull of us who were still there until I remembered it was only a monday and getting late...

You can grab my stellar recording over at Dime, (it will be up at the newly redesigned COTapers soon) - enjoy!

SETLIST:

Liar
In the Morning
Get a Life
Sidewalk
Hindsight
Wherever You Go
Fly Around My Pretty Little Miss
Kicked it in the Sun
You Were Right
Oh Yeah
Carry the Zero
-----
Time Trap
Car
Randy Described Eternity

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home