Thursday, May 22, 2008

things & things

Arrived at class on thursday to find out it had been cancelled. Bad, because I'd already written the first paper and had mentally prepared for my studies. Good, because hey - no class!

The next afternoon I met up with my dad on campus at some guitar auction. Something something tax deductible, etc. Anyway, I helped my dad pick out this swanky new gibson j-150. I guess there were only 24 ever made and only 12 with the natural finish (the other 12 were sunburst). Apparently this is the model that was featured in the film august rush which I may have to watch now out of curiosity.

j-150august

After work I headed over to the Bear, and steph whipped up a feast and we watched Scoop. The next morning we rode our bikes down to savers and I bought a pair of shorts, since it had gotten rather warm and all I had were the same pair of pants I wore to work the day before. Then we headed over to the foundry rooftop and met up with the gang for some bevies. During our thirst quenching endeavours, I headed over to urban's and picked up the ugly track jacket I've been waiting to go on clearance. It was too ridiculous looking to pay good money for, but an essential item nonetheless.

Then it was off to denver for me & steph to go see Tapes 'N Tapes with the tickets I'd scored after I found out class was cancelled. We had some dinner across the street at the Mezcal before the show. Les cassettes have vastly improved from when we first saw them. They have their second album under their belt, and it's bad-assness has manifested in their live show - hooray for the tapes!

tapes

setlist:

listnlist

After the show we hurried back to boulder to sync up with everyone at chris's new house on Balsam for a kegger. The address was all wrong but then we happened upon a kegger on Balsam. We went in but it looked like the party was dying off, and we didn't see anyone we knew so we left. Only to find out the next day, while hanging out at steph's mom's place, that we were at the wrong house. Ooops.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Hang the mole, hang the mole". Oh oops, I mean them all - hang them all. ;)

6/13/2008 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home