Wednesday, May 14, 2008

feastend

With school starting up again and a paper already due for the first class, it was chill weekend mode. Stephanie came over friday and cooked up a wicked feast of scallop/shrimp/prosciutto kabobs in a rum/butter/shallot sauce, a sweet potato/mango side dish, and plenty of dark & stormys. Saturday I did schoolwork, went for a run, then later in the evening we grilled some chicken and watched sweeny todd which was mighty bloody but mighty boring.

shadow

Sunday morning we prepared a mother's day breakfast for my mom. My sisters & I all spent different parts of the day with her & my dad which was something new we tried this year. That way my mom could have mother's day all day long. For breakfast we had a mint fruit salad, pancakes with vanilla syrup, sausage, and these wicked champagne drinks. You fill half to 2/3 a glass with champagne, the rest with pear juice, then a jigger of raspberry liquor and it creates a nifty layered effect. Go ahead and try it out sometime, I think you'll enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home