Sunday, December 24, 2006

blizzard 2006

Was able to leave work at noon wednesday, in the knick of time - the roads were horrible. People were sliding all over and getting stuck. After doing some work from home, I cross-country skiied over to the edgewood ladies crew hut for storm party 2006. Luckily stpeh's car was a road worthy 4 wheel drive machine so we were actually able to re-up on food & bevies later that evening. After the beer was gone and the food all eaten, it was time for roof-boarding, which basically consisted of nolan & I taking turns snowboarding/skiing off the roof of the edgewood abode.

roof

It continued snowing through the morning. Once it kind of cleared I hopped back on my skis and headed to north boulder park accross the street from my house for some more x-country ski action. Cleared my car out so I could get into work friday, but alas when friday rolled around, it wouldn't start. Unfortunately it was situated in such a way that made it pretty tricky for anyone to help with a jump, so I wound up working from home until finally my neighbor, sherry and I were able to get it going. I still had last minute shopping to do, so I went and picked up jacq and headed to the flatirons mall which was a madhouse.

Saturday morning steph & I headed up to keystone for a day on the slopes. There was plenty of fresh powder in the trees and it was a solid day. Headed to her mom's hut in evergreen that night, and dealt with the unplowed triple switchback driveway. Were able to clear a single walkway with the snowblower and salt, which as we were leaving on sunday, the postmaster general and a cameraman were walking up. I was then interviewed about how it made me feel that they went through the trouble to deliver a package on sunday. I was somewhat ambivalent as I didn't live there, but feigned enthusiasm for the sake of holiday cheer.

-let it snow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ready for round two? possibly two more feet headed our way! I'm hoping for a four day NYE weekend ;)

12/28/2006 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home