Friday, September 01, 2006

sheep's clothing

Students were back in class and the weather had an autumn bent on monday. A perfect time to take advantage of some free passes I scored from 1190 for the sold out Wolf Parade show at the fox. Not to be confused with that led zepplin re-hash wolf mother, or the noise act wolf eyes (whom I actually saw a few years back with sonic youth). Incidentally Frog Eyes were opening. Aren't there any other words available? Has the random band name generator gotten stuck on repeat? Semantics aside the wolves came correct. The set was mostly culled from their debut LP with a few newbies thrown in for good measure. The frog eyes (one of spencer krug's other bands) joined the parade onstage for a rousing rendition and send off with 'dinner bells'. A special fuck you goes out to the knob in the balcony who threw their drink into the ventilation duct overhead (listen to a disgruntled me around 43 minutes in). The sole taper was I, and you can grab the show with a clicky.

things I don't know (bones)
shine a light
grounds for divorce
it's a curse
dear sons and daughters of hungry ghosts
we built another world
you are a runner and I am my father's son
modern world
cathedral bells
bed's exploding
I'll believe in anything >
this heart's on fire
secret knives
dinner bells

1 Comments:

Blogger C.K. said...

Any chance you'd post the tape elsewhere or email it? I'd love to see it but no way into the site you provide, they're not taking new members. Thank you!

10/17/2006 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home