Thursday, February 16, 2006

choon reviews

cat power - The Greatest: I'm beginning to like this just because I've heard it on the radio so damn much lately. I don't think I could listen to the whole disc in one sitting, but the songs do make for calming interludes.

jenny lewis & the watson twins - Rabbit Fur Coat: I prefer my jenny lewis as second fiddle in the postal service, thank you very much. She gets a little to mid-westerny-twangish on her rilo kiley & solo work for my liking.

david thomas broughton - The Complete Guide to Insufficiency: Another one of those that I keep hearing on the A.M. I initially though it was Antony & the Johnsons, who singe the very nerves at the base of my spine. But it's just some other dude with a high vocalic register, which has grown on me in an extremely eerie way.

flaming lips - At War With the Mystics: I sang my accolades of this one over the weekend, and here I will sing the same!

two gallants - What the Toll Tells: A lot like bright eyes in that disgruntled troubador kind of way. For some reason, this was the only thing on my shuffle last night at the gym, so I was forced to listen to it, twice. I probably won't ever again.

society of rockets - Where the Grass Grows Black: Good 'ol fashioned funky rock-ish music. Like Ugly Kid Joe or some other such thing played on WBCN or WAAF in the early 90's. Post metal, but pre grunge.

half-handed cloud - Halos and Lassos: Cutesy ditties that were most certainly recorded in someone's bedroom, basement, or garage. Not unlike the sound of total crap.

-fin-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home