Thursday, February 02, 2006

reviews are back!

film school - s/t: I may have reviewed this already, but I just started listening to it in earnest this week, and I'm digging it. Harkens back to some of the rougher edges of early Cure.

arctic monkeys - Whatever I Say I Am Is What I Am Not: Overrated british buzz band du jour. Way too cheeky. No grit.

she wants revenge - s/t: Is this some kind of side project for Paul Banks, because it sounds not just a little, but exactly like Interpol.

secret machines - Ten Silver Drops: I'd never listened to these guys last two albums, because I got them confused with the Suicide Machines. I have been caning this one since it leaked over the weekend. Kind of proggy indie rock, the first song reminds me of 'crown of thorns/chloe dancer'.

wilderness - vessel states: Another cd from the band that wants to be PiL realy bad, but comes off like an even worse version of Xiu Xiu.

-listening-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home