Monday, April 26, 2010

hey ya yeasayer

It was rainy and cold all week, and I had a lingering cold to boot. I was finally feeling better come saturday though, so I racked my current batch of beer. I left it in the primary fermenter a week longer than I'd planned mainly because I had not gotten around to picking up some dry-hopping hops. I added a 1/2 oz of Simcoe and a 1/2 oz of Amarillo which should give it a nice mix of pine & citrus. I also added oak chips at this stage to give it a cask-aged like quality.

After racking and cleaning up, I brought my car in to get the brakes fixed. We picked it up and then headed down to Monument for Steph's nephew's first communion. Shortly after the ceremony, we drove back to denver and grabbed a quick bite at the Atomic before we walked over to the Bluebird for Yeasayer. Another sold out show, but at least this wasn't all ages - it certainly filled up though. Sleigh Bells all but stole the show with their 30 minute onslaught. Just guitar & vox with a drum machine backing tape, but they blew the roof off the place.

sleigh bells

Yeasayer were no slouches, however. A heavy psychedelic vibe purveyed throughout their set, brightening up every now & again for the fruitier, 80's dance tracks from Odd Blood.

yeasayer1

Hard to make out clearly, but the mostly bass player on the left in the wife-beater looked just like Biff.

yeasayer2

Sunday morning Steph had the ladies over for a clothing exchange, so I rode my bike over to hillside and wound up looking through old family photo albums looking for old pictures of the Culps. When I returned, I cleaned off the back porch, Steph planted our veggies, and we watched Breaking Bad & the Pacific. RIP RV.

1 Comments:

Anonymous stepha said...

Yeasayer is (left to right): foreign exchange student from That 70s Show (vocals, guitar, keys), dude with cool hat probably mistaken for TV on the Radio member (electronic percussion), cross between Harry Connick Jr. and Chris Kattan (vocals and keys), MCA is from Brooklyn (drums) and Biff (bass).

4/28/2010 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home