Monday, February 23, 2009

oscar weekend

Friday morning at work, some wacked out virus infiltrated my computro despite our firewall/anti-virus software. Luckily I could still back up my data. But I basically spent the whole day trying to get it up and running again (and all of monday re-installing all my programs after wiping the hard drive). I was very ready for the day to end. Picked up some burritos and headed to steph's and watched some movies - Hustle & Flow and Choke. I had to work on a paper saturday so I went home. Steph was going to head up to meet her friend, but her car wouldn't go in reverse. Turns out that the motor mount bolts just fell out due to normal where and tear - it is an old car afterall. Steph came over later and made some shrimp scampi and we watched How to Lose Friends and Alienate People. Lots of movies this weekend. Sunday I finished up my paper, and then we headed over to hillside for our annual oscar dinner. This year we started a pool and I came out of the gate strong by nailing the first 12 awards, but then my strategy started to crumble and I ended up in a 4-way tie with paul, jacq & andy - all with 18/24. The tie breaker went to the couple with the most, so jacq & andy took home the prize. Our menu was as follows:

Appetizers:
- Curious Case of Stuffed Button Mushrooms
- Antipastalina Jolie

Beverages:
- Frosty Beers
- Vicki Chianti Barcelona

Main:
- Stuffed Ra - shells Getting Married with Slumdog Marinara Sauce
- Mickey Pork Tenderloin

Sides:
- Mixed Kate Winslettuce
- Garlic Bread Pitt

Dessert:
- Heath Ledger Bar Brownies with Milk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home