Wednesday, July 23, 2008

ween

Ween was in town tuesday through thrursday last week, and due to circumstances beyond my control, I was only able to catch one show, but what a show it was! If you're curious, the circumstances are as follows:

1. The tuesday show was a 'secret' show in a 300 person venue up in Fort Collins announced at the last minute. I would have had to take the whole day off to even get a place in line up there, and I had a bunch of stuff to finish up before I took off for a week vacation - boo.

2. A week before ween announced this latest round of tour dates, we booked our departing flight to chicago for thursday.

No worries though because the wednesday show ripped! Me, jacq and steph headed into town after they got out of work and we swung by a friend of jen & jeff's place that they were housesitting at for some pre action. Then walked a few blocks to the venue where we saw some more pals then promptly lost everyone. The show was a high energy deaner night, and included some real gems - 'beacon light', 'flutes of chi', 'touch my tooter', 'final alarm', 'captain fantasy', and a stellar 'poopship' encore. You can grab a recording of the show over at Brown Tracker.

orange boog

Set:
Exactly Where I'm At
The H.I.V. Song
Ice Castles
Golden Eel
The Stallion (Pt. 3)
Voodoo Lady
Your Party
Light Me Up
The Argus
Waving My Dick in the Wind
Mr. Richard Smoker
Touch My Tooter
Even if You Don't
Object
Beacon Light
Flutes of Chi
Zoloft
I'll Be Your Johnny on the Spot
Mister, Would You Please Help My Pony?
The Stallion (Pt. 5)
Final Alarm
Tender Situation
The Mollusk
Pandy Fackler
Got to Put the Hammer Down
Captain Fantasy
You Fucked Up
Ocean Man
Reggaejunkiejew
Encore:
Fiesta
Poopship Destroyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home