Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I got the power

Saturday evening was a send up. Jacq & dylan had their joint 30th birthday gathering at bacaro. All kinds of folks attended, and after many a drink and tapas, we headed off to trilogy for some dancing. The funniest was when fuentes took a cab one block to get there. Me & steph stuck around a bit longer before meeting back up with everyone at my place, with pizzas on the way. When the pizza guy came to the door, my crazy neighbor came outside and started yelling, "This is the last time! It's one AM!" I casually told her to go fuck herself, and apologized to the poor pizza delivery guy who was stuck in the middle of this charade. The edgewood ladies had yet another yard sale on sunday where I got dropped off. It's amazing what people buy, like dirty bath mats and golden lassos. Took a nap later before grabbing some dinner at wahoos. The red sox game was on, and luckily I was there to witness the 4 home runs in a row. We had to leave soon after, since we were heading into denver to catch Elf Power play the larimer lounge. When we showed up I threw up a few times outside, which I attribute to the lime juice in the margs. No worries. They turned on the game for me inside, so I got to watch the rest of the final game of their sweep of the yanks. Never taped at the lounge before, so I found a nice spot directly in front of the board, which was also conveniently only about 8 feet from the stage. A couple of local acts opened, the breezy porticos who were pretty good, and joshua novak who was not. Elf Power was great, even though they played a truncated set, likely due to the fact that there were only about 25 people in attendance, many of whom may have worked there. I attribute this to the 'other' two indie shows in town that night: the decembore-ists at the fillmore, and ted leo and the phaverages at the gothic. On the way back 36 was closed at 287 so we took the long way home, which will soon be my new way home. You can grab the show over at dime. I may up it at COTapers if requested to do so.

elfPowerLarimer

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

was wondering if you saw the 4 homeruns biz...that was rad

4/26/2007 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home