Friday, September 24, 2010

jury duty

On monday I had to report for jury duty in Boulder. I was on call for federal duty in Denver earlier in the month, but never had to report because there were no cases for those two weeks. So this was my first time having to show up. Of course out of the 200 or so people in the room, I was the first one called. And I survived the lawyer interview round along with 5 others to sit on a civil malpractice suit. Not to bore you with the 4 days of witness testimony, but I am now an expert in gout and gastronomical maladies and what types of medicines are used to treat them. Unfortunately for the plaintiff, he kinda didn't follow the doctor's orders, amongst other things, so we found in favor of his doctor, the defendant. And I got paid $50.

juryduty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home