Tuesday, December 16, 2008

mercury revelries

I was up late monday & tuesday last week doing homework I didn't get to over the weekend, so when this weekend rolled around I was determined to get my work done early. And that's what I did friday night and most of saturday. Steph came over for dinner, then went out with some friends in denver for a while, and got back just in time to beat the worst of the snow storm. Appropriately enough, Fargo was on the tele.

Sunday morning I finished up my work (I have two presentations to give tonight) and then went to the CU dean's xmas party at the alumni building. It seemed like it was over before we knew it. Then we walked over to the Sink with one of her co-workers and had a brew before the Mercury Rev show at the Fox. It was a light crowd, but the Rev rocked it anyway, playing mostly post '98 material, with one oldie thrown in for good measure. After the show we grabbed some slices at Abo's since the xmas party was all aps and we were starving.

mercury rev at the fox

Set:
Snowflake in a Hot World
October Sunshine
Holes
Black Forest (Lorelei)
The Funny Bird
People are so Unpredictable
Diamonds
Frittering
Tonite it Shows
Tides of the Moon
Dream of a Young Girl as a Flower
Opus 40

Encore:
The Dark is Rising
Senses on Fire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home