Monday, April 24, 2006

when you hit them

I'm sitting here at the pueblo convention center for a trade show in busling downtown pueblo jamming out to gotan project, and looking quite dapper despite the fact that I forgot to pack half my clothing for the trip. Luckily, two exits up we have the expansive pueblo mall, home to JC Penny, Dilliards, Sears, and a food court comprised of not only an asian buffet, but a country buffet as well. Winter clothes were on sale, and armed with an additional 20% coupon provided to me by one of the friendly locals standing before me in line, I made out with a nice shirt and tie combo for a very respectable price.

pueblo

Yesterday was a relaxing travel day, just me and my new car ster-e-ereo following the lines going south.

Saturday was a beautiful one, and after running errands in the morning, I had a great session on the bacarro rooftop with beth, kerr & jacq. We were joined by several other merry makers as the day progressed (jake, christy, robin, nik, et al). It was a great vantage point up there, because when we saw someone we knew walking down pearl street, we could shout down for them to join us. Continued on to styr where we finished the night with a few rounds of martinis (fwiw - happy hour has moved from 8 to 10).

Friday was a whirlwind evening in denver. Had a great dinner at dev & kims before we headed off to the yeah³ show at the fillmore. Bumped into jordan and her roomie at the sold out but short show. The performance was solid, and the setlist escapes me, but they played mostly material from show your bones, longside the classics, maps & y control. We thought we'd visit with robert & angie as their hut was right on the drive home, and their living room light was on. Impecable logic save for the fact that angie's mom was in town - oops! Woke up the next morning to find that my hosts had left town themselves. Somewhat confused I proceeded to accidentally let the dogs in... oops again! It was time to head back to boulder...

-you can't buy sand-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home