Monday, April 03, 2006

gunnin' down a dream

I had planned on taking it easy again on friday. My only plan was to grab a quick drink with robert & carolyn before they went to the wicked sold out ben harper show at the fox. I beat them to the hill, so I saddled up next to a couple of folks sitting at the bar of some new resty next to the record shop. Our small talk session ended up with a golden ticket in my hand, because as it turns out I was chatting up the manager of the fox. after a quick meal at the sink, we headed to the show, which was damn good.

Set:
• Better Way
• Both Sides Of The Gun
• Engraved Invitation
• Picture In A Frame
• Dressed In Black
• Gold To Me
• Forgiven
• Morning Yearning
• Waiting For You
• Jah Work
• How Many Miles Must We March?
• Gather 'Round The Stone
• Black Rain
• Serve Your Soul
E1:
• Another Lonely Day
• Walk Away
• I Shall Not Walk Alone
E2:
• Forever
• Diamonds On The Inside
• Get It Like You Like It
• Please Don't Talk About Murder While I'm Eating
• Cryin' Won't Help You Now
• The Way You Found Me
• Where Could I Go
E3:
• With My Own Two Hands/War


harper fox

Lollygagged around pearl street with devin & the kims saturday afternoon, then sunk back up with them in denverseveral hours later. When I arrived, devin was without power, so we headed down the road to robert & angie's digs for foods and drinks before heading off to vinyl to catch lee burridge spinulate some tunealage. At some point in the evening, j-luv's infamy was mentioned, encouraging the usual slew of florida refernces, culminating with sereval prank calls, which I'd completely forgotten about until he called me back last night.

-where the breaks are funky-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(to be said in J-Luv voice) it was me, deejay icey, derrick may, Tommie Sunshine, and Jon of the Pleased Wimmen all on an elevator at WMC Miami...etc etc etc...

4/04/2006 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home