Friday, May 20, 2005

full force

Spoiler alert...

One of the moments I've been waiting nearly all my life for came into fruition last night with my viewing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. All the loose ends were tied off quite nicely. I especially enjoyed how some of the ships, droids, and armour we see in the later eps start making appearances in this one.
We get to see where the wookies live, although I would have like more wookie fight footage. The storm troopers we wind up seeing on endor are on the wookie planet as well - must be jungle garb. We see that the ship in the opening of Ep IV belongs to the Organas, Leahs adoptive parents. We also get a glimps of Alderan, which is the first victim of the death star. I could go on about specific droids and ships, but I could seriously spend too much time on that. Oh, and for all you jar jar haters, you're in luck - he only has a non-speaking cameo.

One of the low points was the abysmal acting which was prevelant in all three prequels. Hayden Christiansan is battling Mischa Barton for space at the bottom of that paper bag neither of them can act their way out of to save their lives. Good 'ol Palpatine/Darth Sidius's "tranformation" to his current deformative state was also horribly acted. I've seen more moving dialogue in The Wraith. And I'm still not sure if I'm 100% keen on all of the CGA that was used to make these films. Word on the street is that this will be nominated for an acadamy award for best animated film, because over 50% of the film is CGA.

The highlight was definitley the vader "transformation". I'll leave this alone, just in case you're still reading and you haven't seen it. I'll likely go see it again. Until Lucas makes the last three, here are my rankings:

1. A New Hope (it was the first)
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

-double sunrise, neph-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home