Tuesday, November 30, 2004

because you care

Usually when I'm at my desk I listen to Radio 1190 on the a.m. But lately there has been some really bizarre humming sounds (simliar to what I imagine x-ray interference might sound like) that overpower the music on the radio. It also interferes with the walkie-talkies that the guys in the back office use. Nobody knows why this happens, and what were initially short & very periodic bursts are now much longer and increasingly commonplace. So instead I've been kicking back with some random full-lengths during the business day. Here are the sounds and how they sound to me today:

pinback - Summer In Abandon (these guys have been getting better with each release *A-)
album leaf - One Day I'll Be On Time (way mellow, but never boring, instrumentalisms *B+)
architecture in helsinki - Fingers Crossed (whimsically mellow electronic indie pop - a bit too whimsical *C-)
fugazi - Red Medicine (not my favorite fugazi album, but fugazi nonetheless *B)
four tet - Late Nite Tales (random leftfield mixed disc, sounds like something I would do only not as clever *B-)
russian futurists - Let's Get Ready To Crumble (more electronic indie pop done right, absurdly catchy *B+)

-tone deaf, neph-




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home